Welcome to the 2012 EdTech Conference at the University of Mary Washington!
The second annual EdTech Conference, supported by the College of Education at the University of Mary Washington, will be held on Saturday, June 2, 2012 at UMW’s Stafford Campus in Fredericksburg, VA.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Leading through Change: Teaching, Learning, and Technology“.
The 2012 EdTech Conference will offer educators, education leaders, and those interested in education the opportunity to learn more about how technology is impacting teaching and learning.
Attendees, presenters, exhibitors and sponsors are all welcome! You will have the opportunity to network with colleagues and share and discuss ways to effectively integrate technology into the standards-based curriculum.
- Learn about best practices and case studies highlighting successful (and unsuccessful) strategies and techniques for technology integration.
- Meet and hear the opinions and experiences of innovative leaders in the field.
- Become updated on the latest trends, major issues, and developments in technology integration.
Who should attend:
All K-12 teachers, preservice teachers, administrators, university educators and technology specialists, parents, and those interested in educational technology.
Attendees will encounter:
- Keynote speaker John Hendron named the Virginia Department of Education’s 2006 State Technology Leader of the Year and currently supervisor of instructional technology for Goochland County Public Schools in Virginia
- Presentations by local teachers exemplifying technology integration
- Presentations by university educators and technology specialists
- Vendor exhibits and presentations
- Student and Teacher Showcase
- Door prizes
Cost to Attend:
- The registration fee is $40.00 and includes your choice of concurrent sessions, workshops, the keynote session, guest speakers, exhibitor presentations, and a catered lunch. All participants must pre-register, including presenters.
Location of the Conference:
- University of Mary Washington, College of Education, North Building, Stafford Campus
Date and Time:
- Saturday, June 2, 2012, 8:30 a.m. – 5: 00 p.m.